Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'm a minority, an old white guy who voted for Obama!

I have two daughters, they are the reason why I voted for Obama.

I have two wonderful, beautiful and smart granddaughters, they are the reason I voted for Obama.

I have two grandsons, they need good schools, clean air, clean water and they need a fair chance in life. They are the reason I voted for Obama.

I have a smart and beautiful wife and she is the reason I voted for Obama.

I have 3 nieces and two step-nieces plus a couple of strong and smart nephews they are the reason I voted for Obama.

I have a close friend who is a corporate executive with one of America's biggest engineering companies. He is black, the fight he has had to fight his entire life is another reason why I voted for Obama.

I voted for Obama in honor of my mother, who was an unreconstructed FDR Democrat. Hope you're smilin' Mom! I am!





3 comments:

  1. Well said, my friend. We should all be congratulated for realizing two important things;

    1. You can't BS your way to the White House in 2012.

    2. Real leaders have vision and work toward that vision.

    Proud to be an American. Wish my parents had lived to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks grampa! Love you right back!

    ReplyDelete