Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas at a Car Store




in the 50’s when I was a little kid, my Dad was the General Sales Manager of a Lincoln Mercury dealership, my Mom dropped me off at the dealership after hockey practice so she could wrap up her Christmas shopping. 



I wandered around in the shop for awhile, sat at the old man’s desk upstairs, got bored and climbed in the front seat of a red Lincoln Capri convertible next to the big Christmas tree in the showroom. I was tired from school and hockey and laid down on the front seat, 


I was dozing off when I heard a woman say, “Does this little boy come with the car?” One of dad’s salesman answered, “He’s the Boss’s son, I’m pretty sure I can get him to throw the kid in the deal.”

Merry Christmas

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great looking car, not so sure about the kid, but if you were driving this, you could make your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best part of that store was the owner, George Salem was never around. George and his wife Marie had a Irish Setter named Red and good old Red lived at the dealership 90% of the time. Red was pretty much my dog.

      Delete
  2. Only a kid could have dozed off in the front seat of that beautiful car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those old Lincolns were great cars...not only beautiful and well built but for the time they were fast, won the Pan-America Road Race twice. One of my dad's demos was a black Capri 2 door Hard top, black leather upholstery. Stunning car.

    ReplyDelete