Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Johnny and June's granddaughter...

One night I was working late, almost 8. I locked up my office and was about to head home, I noticed Scotty was still at his desk, We decided to cross Boylston Street and have a beer at the Boylston Brewery, we sat at the bar ordered from the bartender, somehow during our 2nd beer Scott brought up Johnny Cash. The bartender said, "You like Johnny Cash?"

'Who doesn't like Johnny Cash?"
The bartender smiled, "I love Johnny Cash, he's my grandpa." she turned and moved down the bar to wait on another customer.
Scott looked at me and said, "What the hell did she say?"
"She said she's Johnny's granddaughter."
"No way."
"We'll see when she comes back." We drank our beers and waited.

The pretty bartender comes back, we get her story. 



Anastasia is Carlene Carter's daughter, her stepfather is Nick Lowe, her grandmother is June Carter Cash and her great grandmother is Mother Maybelle Carter, she adds, "Mother Maybelle taught me to play the guitar." Johnny Cash is her step-grandfather, "He loves me like I'm his own."



Anastasia was a student at Berkeley School of Music, it's just down the street from Boylston Brewery. Anastasia is off again, down the bar to serve a few more beer drinkers. We wait.

Anastasia split time between her parents, she went to school in London and lived with her father, holidays and summers in Nashville. She said it was fun but schizoid. 


She said Christmas with her grandparents was the best, "You'd never know who would show up and of course they'd all go down to the music and play songs, laugh and sing."
"Are there tapes?" I asked.
"Of course."
"Will, we ever hear them?"
"That's up to John Carter."
"Who is on the tapes?"
"Everybody."

Tiffany ( her first name) Anastasia Lowe graduated from Berkeley, she is now writing songs, wrote a hit for Selena Gomez, doing some acting. Of course, her grandmother wrote a song about her.



It was nice to meet the grandchild of two American Legends.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Good decision to get a brew that night. Had never heard the tune before...love the jammin' on Quentin T...what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete