Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Random Thoughts as I Un-Ass a portion of the Connected World




I'm tired of being a product, tired of being sold to bidders who want me to buy stuff i don't need. I'm tired of when a facebook friend invites me to play Candy fucking Crush my stuff is put up for sale again. I'm tired of quizzes that data mine me , my family and friends, sure they're fun but, they slice and dice us even more, but most of all II'm tired of the lack of security of our personal information, Zuckerberg's attitude is, "That's What You Signed Up For" Facebook doesn't need me and I need them even less. Buh-Bye.



I was in the radio business for a huge part of my life, my generation put rock on FM at a time when the so-called smart/big guys didn't care about the FM band at all. They were blindsided by it's success.

Two things happened to radio, the first was deregulation that gutted the ownership rules and the ensuing increase in station evaluations. The investment bankers and venture capitalists poured into the business with huge bags of borrowed money and now the loans are due and they can't pay them. The VCs and Bankers never missed a paycheck but the employees have and will. I hope the station values crash and creative people can get their hands on them again.



In the past few weeks, Mitt Romney's company Bain Capital has declared bankruptcy for three of their major investments, IHeart Media, Toys R Us and Guitar Centers. Romney,s MBA financial engineers extracted over 400 million dollars in fees from IHeart alone, toss in the other two companies and the fees approach a billion god damn American dollars. Once again who will pay the price for these colossal fuck ups? The employees and the small shareholders.






Elliot Broidy, the deputy finance director of the Republican National Committee is a convicted felon. Let that sink in for a minute. Okay?

From the NY Times:  

An investor and defense contractor, Mr. Broidy became a top fund-raiser for Mr. Trump’s campaign when most elite Republican donors were keeping their distance, and Mr. Trump in turn overlooked the lingering whiff of scandal from Mr. Broidy's 2009 guilty plea in a pension fund bribery case. After Mr. Trump’s election, Mr. Broidy quickly capitalized, marketing his Trump connections to politicians and governments around the world, including some with unsavory records, according to interviews and documents obtained by The New York Times. Mr. Broidy suggested to clients and prospective customers of his Virginia-based defense contracting company, Circinus, that he could broker meetings with Mr. Trump, his administration and congressional allies. Mr. Broidy’s ability to leverage his political connections to boost his business illuminates how Mr. Trump’s unorthodox approach to governing has spawned a new breed of access peddling in the swamp.

Like I've said a million times, "You Can't Make this Shit Up"

You can keep in touch with me on this blog...

5 comments:

  1. Anymore you can't separate politics and business. Elections are now an industry and government has been commercialized. What they also have in common is an abundance of jack asses and fools, like those you pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss you on Facebook. What a shame this is. You always add something to brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can keep in touch, I'm going to do my thing on the blog

      Delete