Sunday, March 8, 2020

Boston Girl...





I'm enjoying the sun on a beautiful day by the entrance of Grill 23.  I'm waiting for a Boston girl, she sells billboards, she's bringing me a proposal for a fall campaign. 

Picture this, she's a BC graduate, tall, slim, wearing a Talbot's business suit, in one hand she's carrying a fine leather briefcase with a shoulder strap, in the other, a cell phone. She tosses her long brunette hair while she talks. She's animated as she walks up Berkeley Street. Very animated.



She stops about three feet from me, smiles, waves and continues to talk.

"Look I told you he was an asshole, but you never listen to anybody. What's this the 4th or 5th time he's fucked you over?" She pronounces over "oh-vah".

"I told you he's a loser." (loo-sah) But you're too freakin' thick-headed to pay attention. You are (ah) as dumb as a post aren't you?" (aunt yah)

"Okay, okay, you do whatever (whut-evah) you want, no skin off my ass, know what I mean?"

She listens with a scowl on her pretty face and wraps up the conversation with, "Mary Margret you are (ah) such a  stupid twat!"

She snapped her phone shut, smiled at me and said, "Hey you!"

"Who the hell were you talking to?"

"My idiot sister. I'm starving let's go eat."

Gotta love those Boston girls, she was one of my favorites.

3 comments: